Not too long ago, I came across this awesome gel product known as “Bio Seaweed Gel” from a piece of writing on Stylelist.com.
The USA made Bio Seaweed Gel but based in Canada is probably the best alternative on the market today, and it is 5-FREE! It is a healthy alternative to gel polish. In addition to being free of the 5 dangerous substances seen in many gel and nail polishes, it also has a unique ability to cure under natural sunlight!
Despite having this unique ability to cure in daylight, it also replicates that ability with an LED light in half a minute. Having a unique platform cover is not necessary and the extra bonus…. You don’t have to clean the top coat! Yeah! There’s no difficult remains that needs to be eliminated when done with your manicure!
So, I made a decision to try this product out on one of my friend…and know if it’s actually true! First we tried to see if it cures under sunlight… there wasn’t any sunlight, it didn’t perform very well. So our next step was to try it with an LED lamp and it worked out perfectly!
Prepping the Nails:
We prepped every nail by forcing back her cuticles, shaped and filed each nail carefully and finally, gently buffed the surface of her nails to remove the glow.
- We used alcohol to remove the dust and oil from each nail
- We applied a coat of Sienna on every nail
- We used the LED lamp to cure each nail for half a minute
- We cured again after applying the second coat of Sienna
- We used a thin layer of top coat on all the nails and then applied some glitter accents along the cuticles. This was done using a small nail art brush that has been dipped in alcohol to help the glitter stick properly to the brush.
- Cure again for half a minute
- Finally, apply the last coat to all the nails and cure for half a minute
Between each step, I asked her a few questions and she gave her answers. First, I asked if it burned under the LED light and she said no. I also asked her how if felt on her nails and she said it was so light, it doesn’t feel like a gel polish.
A few weeks later, I asked her if there were chips and she said no. She also went ahead to say how well the polish was and how she loved it.
When it was time to soak it off, I wondered if it would stain her nails but it didn’t. After wrapping each nail with a cotton ball that has been dipped in tin foil and CNV nourishing remover, the nails soaked off within 10 minutes.
I would strongly suggest Bio Seaweed Gel to whoever is looking to have a home manicure done soon, and also to salon owners. Visit dtknailsupply.com to purchase the All-In-One gel polishes.